Central library in the Northern Technical University:
Central library is one of the NTU formations; it’s a scientific cultural institution that works on serving the community including the students, professors and researchers by providing the information they need in their studies and preparing their scientific research by providing books stores that meet their needs from traditional and electronic information sources, as well as audio and visual materials.
The central library is directly linked to the president of NTU, and it’s recently inaugurated on (15/4/2018) in a small alternative area.
To provide and facilitate access to the necessary information services for the educational purposes and distinguished scientific research through what the library contains of information sources of various forms and types to serve the individual and society.
Our library works on adopting an integrated automated system for its management (Koha system) in order to keep pace with the Iraqi, Arab and international university libraries with modern and internationally advanced, and to keep pace with scientific progress with rigorous scientific research to raise the level of knowledge and develop the capabilities of the teaching staff to participate in conferences, seminars and courses, to supplement the educational and educational process at the university and to keep pace of the fields of research, development, publishing and interaction with the community, by acquiring various information, organizing them and facilitating their use by providing various information services to the customers of the university’s internal and external bodies.
Aims of the library:
- Provide information sources of various forms, types and topics according to dependent standards and specifications approved for this purpose in a way that secures meeting the needs of the customers.
- Diversify funding sources to achieve a sustainable financial future.
- Working on achieving the ambition to enter international rankings and obtain academic accreditations.
- Development of automatic systems and administrative processes that keep pace with the scientific and technical progress movement.
- Communicating and making partnership with regional and international universities.
- The library is a receptacle that collects renewable scientific information.
- It works to provide the libraries of colleges and institutes with the information resources that the students, researchers and scholars need constantly.
- Facilitating library services to the customers of the internal and external public and enabling them to obtain the information they need.
- providing modern scientific resources for all disciplines.